The purpose of the TOT is to strengthen the capacity of a team of trainers by applying principles of adult learning, steps to behavior change, and a variety of training methodologies and facilitation skills; developing learning objectives and designing lesson plans; using audio-visuals; and practicing training sessions. The TOT is based on the principle that everyone has something to share, and by including the active input of participants, interest and efficacy is increased.
- Develop participants’ capacity to plan, organize, and conduct training.
- Introduce participants to principles and concepts of adult learning.
- Develop participants’ capacity to formulate achievement-based objectives.
- Equip participants with knowledge of effective training methods and visual aids and skills to use them.
- Identify effective ways to monitor and evaluate training sessions.
- Help participants develop training plans.
- Be able to train with a clear, confident delivery style
- Know how to build and maintain rapport with participants throughout a training session
- Adapt what you do to meet the needs of those with different learning and behavioral styles
- Know how to handle disruptive behavior
- Improve your feedback skills so participants leave with real personal insights
- Learn techniques that engage groups and stimulate interaction and involvement
- Make the most of your body language and voice.
02. Concept and principles of learning
03. Planning a training/learning event
04. Developing learning objectives
05. Facilitation skills
06. Training methods
07. Audio and visual aids
08. Designing lesson plans
09. Practice – presentations of objectives, Training methods, audio and visual aids, and lesson plans
11. Practicum and feedback
12. Presentation of training action plans
Anyone who is not a professional trainer and who needs to deliver training courses for others. This training skills course will benefit those who want to acquire excellent delivery skills and make a positive impact on others.